Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rave: What's the Deal with Underwear?

A little bit of history, I used to wear classic briefs until the end of gradeschool. As I entered highschool, when Mark Wahlberg was known as Marky Mark and when Vanilla Ice used to show off his boxer shorts while wearing oversized jeans, I knew I had to switch to boxer shorts to keep up. Fortunately, my dad has several pairs of unused boxer shorts in various prints. I got into boxer shorts well into my early employment. I used to love the feel of freedom and it seems like there was always a cool breeze down there.

A trip to the US changed all that. I was introduced to boxerbriefs in 1996 and started wearing them in 2003. It's a hybrid, I get the no non-sense serious underwear guy look of the boxer while getting the proper support from a brief. It was the best thing.

I still have my boxers though, but I only wear them to bed. My boxerbriefs, well, let's just say I can't get enough of them. I even set aside the good pairs for the weekend, and wear out my old pairs during the weekdays. I have different colors and patterns and ironically, even if I know that they won't be seen by the outside world, I even try to pair them up with what I would put over them (i.e. blue jeans would go well with my striped blue boxerbriefs, etc.)


Is it just me? Or do other guys do that as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment