Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Elusive MP3

In this time and age of piracy, downloading songs from the internet, torrents and what have you, sometimes there are songs you hear somewhere and decide that you have to get that song whatever happens. But not to the point that you will actually go online and legally purchase it or even worse, go to the record bar and buy the cd copy of it.

So you search and search google, typing everything about the song just to get the chance to have it for free. You sometimes search for days, or even ask a friend from a different country to download it for you if the site is blocked in your country. And the feeling of having that song in your library is just... irritatingly sublime.

I've had my fair share of experiences and I wouldn't even consider myself as a music junkie. But I am proud to say that in my collection of over 1,200 mp3's, I have a selection of songs that can never be ripped off the internet again, such as:

1. "Bakit ba ganyan"- duet version of Vic Sotto and Dina Bonnevie's classic
2. "Little Paradise"- released by The Dawn sometime in the late 80's
3. "Loving You"- from the late great Francis M's first album "Yo", a classic tune sung by him and his wife Pia Arroyo
4. "Stolen"- by Dashboard Confessional the International version with a female singer singing some parts
5. "And So I Know"- a b-side from Stone Temple Pilots
6. "Either Way"- by the Generationals, the song played in the opening credits of "going the distance", nice catchy tune
7. "6 Underground"- umbrella girls remix, another hard find

I'll try to post more songs if I recall the mp3's I searched high and low for. If you need to download any of these mp3's just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment