Sunday, January 2, 2011

The First Day

The sad thing about long vacations is the dreaded night before going back to work or school. You have days of unlimited fun, without a care in the world because you have no deadlines to worry about, teachers or bosses to be scared of. You meet friends, drink to your heart's content and get back out there actually enjoying life. During Christmas of 2010, I just hung out with my highschool friends, family, played tons of golf and put my work laptop aside but open just downloading torrents. I even found the time to upgrade my personal mac laptop into a Snow Leopard. How cool is that.

Everything was going well....until the dreaded night before going back to work (which actually happened last night). I just ate at my favorite persian join to comfort me. Still didn't work though. Until I created a mindset, that vacations can only be cool, if you have the dreaded monotony to return to. So I am glad I have that monotony, it's better than being unemployed. Imagine being on a longer than usual vacation, not that fun is it?

A lot of you will be experiencing that after the longer holidays but the most important thing is to ensure that the fun you had during your vacation was more than enough to over come the dreaded night before going back to reality. I made sure I did, hope you guys did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment